Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wiccan/Pagan Round 6 Swap

SoulAssylum has received her swap box so I can finally put up some pictures. These are all inspired by the Goddess Persephone. She has two very distinct aspects. In her stay with Hades she is the queen of the underworld and has been described as "she who destroys the light." On the other hand, as she comes out of Hades in the spring to visit her mother, Ceres, she becomes the Goddess of spring growth and rebirth. As a symbol of this I decided to go with her symbolic pomegranate. The fruit represents both sides of Persephone.

SoulAssylum specifically asked for some runes. These are wood burned with the Elder Futhark runes. The edges are finished off with green foil and a light coat of clear seal will protect them.



The first pomegranate I did is on this zipper pouch. It can be used to hold the runes or as a little wristlet purse. The motif is hand embroidered. Oh, and its from a sketch I did. I didn't pirate this one from anybody.


Everyone can use an extra blank book. They are especially nice to keep a record of what your runes tell you. The cover matches the fabric and lining of the zipper bag and also has an embroidered pomegranate. A few of the pages have been block printed with my very first lino-cut. I super love the way it all came out.


These little bits were made from an extra bit of wood from the runes. The rune is Algiz and stands for protection. Another little pomegranate is made out of polymer clay. Do you think I over did the theme? The Pentagram was inspired from my partners wish list of fairy furniture and encorporates her favorite colors of red and bright green. It is made from bits of the bush in my front yard that so kindly shared its stems with me.



A quick photo frame with her avatar photo inside. The glass has a cat engraved on it to kept watch over whoever is in side. I built the frame with some help from the wood shop guys at work. and it comes with extra mat colors if she changes the pic.

Lastly, as I was looking for my packing stuff, Ozzy begged for a trip around the world. Since I don't have a window to put him in here, I gladly obliged. He is a stained glass sun catcher I made a few years back. He now has a happy new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment